EA Sports Staff Walks Off Thanks to Wii

EA Sports Staff Walks Off Thanks to Wii

Thats pretty odd.

It’s not really odd,

If you don’t like what you are doing at your job most people leave if they can. If you stay you’ll just become more and more bitter.

[quote=“sbf717”]It’s not really odd,

If you don’t like what you are doing at your job most people leave if they can. If you stay you’ll just become more and more bitter.[/quote]

It sounds fairly ridiculous. But yes like you said if you don’t like what your doing you’ll leave.

A videogame is a videogame.

If your not going to do what your boss tells you to do, than gtfo.

Gaming, serious business.

Everything is serious business nowadays.

So they felt threatened by Wii Sports? Understandable, Wii Sports is a fun game.

But to leave the company over it? In THIS economy? Good luck. Sega could use some skilled devs right about now.

In related news…

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/13/sega-giving-up-on-hardcore-wii-games-would-be-arrogant/

Sega says giving up on “Hardcore games for the Wii” is arrogant.

Looking back on Sega’s history, I don’t really think they have a right to talk about arrogance. =\

But I get what they’re saying.

[quote=“sixsicksixes”]In related news…

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/13/sega-giving-up-on-hardcore-wii-games-would-be-arrogant/

Sega says giving up on “Hardcore games for the Wii” is arrogant.[/quote]

Nintendo is the one who really puts work into the games and they reap the benefits. Sure alot of third parties say they can’t be successful on Wii, but how can you be successful if you don’t really try? Porting games and changing their genre like Dead Space is retarded. Honestly just about every Nintendo game released for the system blows third party development away and its obviously why they sell even if the games are old.

Nights: Journey of Dreams is tied with the original game as my fav game of all time. So I know that devs can bring their franchises over without Nintendo’s help.

wow, a misleading, sensationalist title that barly reflects the truth of events that happened years ago, geared towards a graphic whore-gamer mindset

boo FREAKIN hoo.

that is all

My god, what a bunch of pussies.

Honestly, if they can’t handle it, then adios. Good-Bye.

If they can’t create something on the Wii using technology that they’ve basically been in possession of and built from for that of nearly a decade (since the Dreamcast/PS2), then it just to show you how much of a hack they really are.

The iPhone and DS and PSP are all lesser-powered systems, and I don’t see anyone bitching about them. Get some REAL developers. People who pour out as much as they could into the limited software of the 8-bit and 16-bit systems, along with their predecessors. When people knew how to make good games from “limiting” software.

Perhaps that’s the REAL problem. Maybe if EA’s former developers actually made something worthwhile on the system, they might have a little more appreciation for their accomplishments.

To all the EA developers that stuck around: Woot.

To all the EA developers who couldn’t hack anything better than Wii Sports and fled in terror: You Suck.