Dead Space Extraction might be coming to XBLA/PSN

http://kotaku.com/5467177/dead-space-extraction-planet-cracker-coming-to-xbla-psn

I’ll buy the shit out of that. EA seemed really into Arc and Natal on the earnings call today this is probably gonna be one of their first games. I miss light gun games. :frowning:

Up next NBA Jam Arcade for XBLA/PSN :smiley:

Good they can put it on there so it can bomb there too and they can quit whining about Wii. I don’t get why they thought anyone would care for a spinoff rail shooter.

You know Wii has like, 10 “light gun” games right? (Including the best one ever made, and no, it’s not Extraction.) Instead of getting a 360 which gets mostly the same games as PS3 anyways you should have just bought a Wii I mean jeez.

He’s just supporting this as a semi dig to Wii if he really wants dead space extraction let him have it. Developers whine about sales but I don’t see Dead Space 2 listed for Wii. If you put out poor games you get poor sales just that simple.

Also Natal will be total fail for an on-rails game. Or shooting games in general.

Wii doesnt even come close to offering what I get from my 360 :lol

Hell yes…

And you know this… how?

Fact remains you do an unusual amount of bitching for games for someone who just bought a new console. Just putting it out there maybe you got the wrong one.

I’ve looked at the Wii’s library and if anything it’s slighty on par with the PSP and nowhere near the level of quality currently on 360 and I have doubts about the future of it as developer interest seems to be drying up.

Also I don’t get this “alot of bitchin” there has been less than 5 games on Wii that I’ve shown any real interest in these past few months. One of those being EA Sports Active which is also coming to PS3/360 later this year. My main interest in buying one comes more from hacking the thing to play imported games like Trace Memory Wii.

And when it comes to light gun games it’s something I’d like to have but not something I’d want to buy an entire console just to have.

imokwiththis.jpg

[quote=“sbf717”]I’ve looked at the Wii’s library and if anything it’s slighty on par with the PSP and nowhere near the level of quality currently on 360 and I have doubts about the future of it as developer interest seems to be drying up.

Also I don’t get this “alot of bitchin” there has been less than 5 games on Wii that I’ve shown any real interest in these past few months. One of those being EA Sports Active which is also coming to PS3/360 later this year. My main interest in buying one comes more from hacking the thing to play imported games like Trace Memory Wii.

And when it comes to light gun games it’s something I’d like to have but not something I’d want to buy an entire console just to have.[/quote]

Wow considering your opinion on Wii you must hate your PSP. Third party developers dropped the ball and its why they handed the videogame market over to Nintendo. Some developer efforts are jokes though like dead space extraction I don’t get why EA thought this was a good idea besides thinking the Wii audience is stupid and they paid for that.

[quote=“sbf717”]I’ve looked at the Wii’s library and if anything it’s slighty on par with the PSP and nowhere near the level of quality currently on 360 and I have doubts about the future of it as developer interest seems to be drying up.

And when it comes to light gun games it’s something I’d like to have but not something I’d want to buy an entire console just to have.[/quote]
Just know next time you complain it’s not gonna be pretty. >_> You’ve been complaining since almost the start of this gen.

Huh???

Also I’ll stop complaining when people stop making bone headed choices. >_>

[quote=“sbf717”]Huh???

Also I’ll stop complaining when people stop making bone headed choices. >_>[/quote]
Developing for Wii is a boned headed choice?

Depends on the game and at the time of announcement there was probably still some hope that a 3rd party game like Dead Space E could sell on the Wii. It was a high risk investment that falls in line with alot of things EA has been trying to do since JR took over. The investment doesn’t appear to have worked on Wii and since announcement and release both Sony and MS have given EA another chance to recoup that investment on their platforms.

So in summary no it wasn’t but keeping it on Wii probably would be one.

Now developing in general for the Wii…ehhhh it kinda can fall in line with PSP development at this point. It’s not gonna be a platform that anyone should give a mainline franchise entry too but it can serve to help extend a franchise brand or do something different with a franchise or as the Nintendo fanbase calls them SHITTY SPIN-OFFS!1111!1111ONE!!!REGGIETAKETHEIRNAMES!!!

But now Sony and MS can also provide a way to do that with XBLA/PSN and their motion control offerings so in the future a company should look at Wii/XBLA/PSN as the best possible venues for brand extension and should not seek exclusive Wii development.

A third-party game like Dead Space would probably have sold well (even though it has yet to pass a million on PS3+360+PC. 360 version has only sold 400k IIRC.) An on-rails spinoff by Eurocom wasn’t. It was doomed from the start.

Edit- Also it would have done a ton better on Wii if EA put it out at $15 like they’re gonna do for the HD twins. Instead they deliberately tried to bone Wii owners over on something that obviously wasn’t worth the cash (and EA agrees.)

Dead Space had sold 1.4 million copies of May of last year. After that it was price reduced to $20 and is I believe on Xbox 360 Games on Demand so I’m sure the figure is closer to 2 million copies.

[quote=“sbf717”]Depends on the game and at the time of announcement there was probably still some hope that a 3rd party game like Dead Space E could sell on the Wii. It was a high risk investment that falls in line with alot of things EA has been trying to do since JR took over. The investment doesn’t appear to have worked on Wii and since announcement and release both Sony and MS have given EA another chance to recoup that investment on their platforms.

So in summary no it wasn’t but keeping it on Wii probably would be one.

Now developing in general for the Wii…ehhhh it kinda can fall in line with PSP development at this point. It’s not gonna be a platform that anyone should give a mainline franchise entry too but it can serve to help extend a franchise brand or do something different with a franchise or as the Nintendo fanbase calls them SHITTY SPIN-OFFS!1111!1111ONE!!!REGGIETAKETHEIRNAMES!!!

But now Sony and MS can also provide a way to do that with XBLA/PSN and their motion control offerings so in the future a company should look at Wii/XBLA/PSN as the best possible venues for brand extension and should not seek exclusive Wii development.[/quote]

Considering you think Xbox 360 and PS3 owners have higher standards than Wii owners Dead Space Extraction doesn’t stand a chance. Let them charge $50 for it like they did for Wii owners then lets see you care. Third parties need to stop treating Wii owners poorly if they want their games to do well. Again theres some crazy fallacy that Wii owners hate third party games and that just isn’t the case they are just marketed poorly and keep telling the Wii audience they only deserve shit spinoff games. You aren’t seriously defending the crap that is dead space extaction are you? From a Wii owners perceptive its more shovelware by EA trying to cash in on the Dead space name just like Crystal Bearers it trying to cash in on Final Fantasy. These games aren’t good they just have a big name attached. Companies need to make good games and not just bank on big names that aren’t even big with Nintendo fanbase. Umbrella chronicles sold because Wii owners thought they were getting a serious Resident Evil then after they realized the sequel came out and they gave capcom the finger.