David Cage you so crazy

I get what Cage is saying…But it’s not going to stop me from playing over and over again.

If anything, that’s why I won’t be reloading a save if something I don’t want to happen does end up happening. Each play through will be “life”; I’ll deal with whatever happens in it.

So I guess in a way, each new play through will be an “alternate reality”.

[quote=“GillianSeed”]David Cages doesn’t want people to play heavy rain multiple times as he puts it

“I would like people to play it once … because that’s life. Life you can only play once … I would like people to have this experience that way,” explains Cage. “I’m fine with [people reloading saves to avoid bad endings], but the right way to enjoy Heavy Rain is really to make one thing because it’s going to be your story. It’s going to be unique to you. It’s really the story you decided to write … I think playing it several times is also a way to kill the magic of it.”

I get what hes saying but I plan to replay the game to see all the different outcomes what about you guys?

http://www.destructoid.com/heavy-rain-has-no-replay-value-but-that-s-a-good-thing–146940.phtml[/quote]

Seems sort of illogical for a game that practically depends on doing things different ways.

I will probably play through it twice but Im not gonna be OCD and try to see everything in the game. If anything I’d rather spend more time hearing about other peoples playthroughs and discussing my own.

Apparently David Cage also wants nobody to buy his game. It’s a cool concept but at the same time its a game…and its going to be full price. People will play it once when it cost $10, like a movie.

I’m pretty sure Cage’s point is you should value your first time experience than saying people shouldn’t play HR for multiple times. Paying $60 is entirely up to you though, and that’s sorta where his point falls a bit short…

But, hey! There’s always renting. :confused;

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]I’m pretty sure Cage’s point is you should value your first time experience than saying people shouldn’t play HR for multiple times. Paying $60 is entirely up to you though, and that’s sorta where his point falls a bit short…

But, hey! There’s always renting. :confused;[/quote]

Pretty odd for a game maker to say play it once. That practically screams rent me. I know you shouldn’t but pretty odd the game maker is telling you to play it once. I also agree his point is probably to enjoy the experience as a somewhat unique one and I’ll bet there are quite a few experiences you can have that’s really the strength of heavy rain. Pretty bad spokesperson though to say play it once without really describing what he means though especially since its his game he’d like to sell to people.

David Cage is more of a dreamer in a land without dreams… :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I think its very dumb idea for a game maker to tell people to play the game once. I mean if the main idea is to have you play it once you basically think people should rent it play it once and be done with it.

People say stupid things or get misquoted all the time…

It is; its just David trying to be ‘artsy’ and trying to get people to look at games a slightly different way then they do. I admire his “out of the box”/abstract train of thought but I know the community won’t listen.

However, since I share a similar mindset, I won’t be reloading any game saves just because something happens in the game I could have avoided but didn’t. I’ll live with the consequences.

He’s basically telling us not to pay him. If it were me I’d tell you guys to experience everything I’d want you guys to find every possibility and I’d probably be working on some DLC.

[quote=“Kumiko”]It is; its just David trying to be ‘artsy’ and trying to get people to look at games a slightly different way then they do. I admire his “out of the box”/abstract train of thought but I know the community won’t listen.

However, since I share a similar mindset, I won’t be reloading any game saves just because something happens in the game I could have avoided but didn’t. I’ll live with the consequences.[/quote]

Yeah its kind of annoying how artsy he’s trying to play it up to be. While I agree you shouldn’t reload the game saves to see the different endings on purpose I do believe you should still explore them and that is not something he communicated which he should have for his own benefit.

Wouldn’t having cinema-styled games have a decent replay value anyway?

I know from the cinematic games I played, I try to replay the entire “movie” over again to find out every difference and the outcome of the story, as well as the plot, changes. And that does take a long while to try.

It’s nothing like Mass Effect’s massive replayability, but a complex game like heavy Rain should have enough to replay again to justify $60.

[quote=“Gurren Lagann”]Wouldn’t having cinema-styled games have a decent replay value anyway?

I know from the cinematic games I played, I try to replay the entire “movie” over again to find out every difference and the outcome of the story, as well as the plot, changes. And that does take a long while to try.

It’s nothing like Mass Effect’s massive replayability, but a complex game like heavy Rain should have enough to replay again to justify $60.[/quote]

Yeah its kind of weird how he’s telling you to play it once but I guess that’s what happens when he’s trying to make it out to be more artsy than it really is.

I’ll play it multiple times BUT I will NEVER reload a failed event. If I fucked up that’s my own damn fault and continue on.

What he should have told you to do. Obviously not exactly the same way but I think he was trying to get that point across its really too bad it sounds nothing like that. As for being unique to you sorry but I don’t think this game has millions of endings it may have alot but there is no way its completely unique.