Cyberpunk 2077

Anyone else have this game on their radar? I suspect the answer is certainly yes.

I’m hoping we get some real gameplay at E3 and maybe a few more details about the world and what’s going on.

CD Project Red is really good at building worlds and atmosphere. While I love the Witcher series and its being set in a high fantasy type world. I’m looking forward to seeing what they can do with a modern / futuristic setting. Something that won’t be necessarily post-apocalyptic, dilapidated and well, brown.

I’ve had it on my radar for years. 6 years. I’m not for such early reveals. Anyway, as long as it’s a singleplayer game and not some kind of ghastly multiplayer thing, I’m enthused.

1 Like

Yeah, no loot boxes please or live service shenanigans.

I don’t think they will but, that would be absolutely devastating for me. Single Player is still best player imo. There’s yet to be a game outside of MMO’s that can create open ended game with some modicum of payoff for time.

However the state of MMO’s is pretty bad at the moment.

VERY hyped. And I have complete and utter faith in CD ProjectRED.

2 Likes

Most definitely a day 1 buy. I’m always down to try a new game out with a possible style that is rarely seen.

Depending on when it’s set to release, this and the upcoming game Vampyr will probably be the 2 games I’m most excited to play whether they suck ass or kick ass.

1 Like

I am very interested in this game.

1 Like

I’m getting a Snow Crash(which I happen to be re-reading this past month) vibe from this world in that technology doesn’t necessarily advance the world to be super clean and socially progressive. The world overall stays the same but technology enables a whole new way for people to accomplish what they desire and that desire ultimately makes things get weird. I can’t wait to see the gameplay.

Seems pretty cool.

I am all for this game.

Message hidden at the end of the trailer.

The codes that started the trailer at the conference was codes for The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition for Xbox One.

1 Like

This is the solution.

It’s been over 2077 days since we announced our plan to develop Cyberpunk2077. We released a CGI trailer, gave some interviews and…went dark. Normal procedure for these kinds of things - you announce a game and then shut up, roll up your sleeves, and go to work. We wanted to give you The Witcher 3 and both expansions first, which is why this period of staying silent was longer than we planned. Sorry for that.

As soon as we concluded work on Blood and Wine, we were able to go full speed ahead with CP2077’s pre-production. ut we chose to remain silent. Why? At some point, we made a decision to resume talking about the game only when we have something to show. Something meaningful and substantial. This is because we do realize you’ve been (im)patiently waiting for a very long time and we wouldn’t want anyone to feel that we’re taking this for granted. On the contrary - it gives us a lot of extra motivation. The hype is real, so the sweat and tears need to be real too :).

But, to the point. Today is the day. If you’re seeing this, it means you saw the trailer - our vision of Cyberpunk, an alternative version of the future where America is in pieces, megacorporations control all aspects of civilized life, and gangs rule the rest. And while this world is full of adrenaline, don’t let the car chases and guns mislead you. Cyberpunk 2077 is a true story-driven single player RPG. You’ll be able to create your own character and… well, you’ll get to know the rest from what we show at our booth at E3. Be on the lookout for the previews!

Before we finish, you probably have some questions.

When? When we told you we would only release the game when it’s ready, we meant it. We’re definitely much, much closer to a release date than we were back then :), but it’s still not the time to confirm anything, so patience is still required. Quality is the only thing that drives us - it’s the beauty of being an independent studio and your own publisher.
How Big? Seriously big, but… to be honest, we have no bloody clue at this point in time. Once we put it all together, we will openly tell you what you can expect. And we promise we’ll do this before we start talking about any pre-orders or ask anything of you.
Free DLC/Expansions/DRM? Expect nothing less than you got with The Witcher 3. As for DRM, CP2077 will be 100% DRM free on PC.
Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?
Once again, thank you for your patience. If you have a minute, do visit cyberpunk.net and share your opinion (about anything) with us. We read everything you post and we treat it very seriously.

Yours,

CD PROJEKT RED Team

Source

3 Likes

I am in love, Ken! I am in LOVE!

2 Likes

I really liked the look of this game I have head cannon that this game is linked to Detroit Become Human some how lol Androids! I love them. lol

> Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?

Reading that all I could think of was Deus Ex lmao.

I’m willing to wait for them to finish this obviously. I really like the direction they seem to be going with it.

1 Like

Looks gud.

Switch Cloud Version when

I was really impressed by this one. It wasn’t on my radar at all before E3, but it definitely is now.

3 Likes

Some details on things like languages, apparently NPC’s will speak languages you don’t understand. Requiring you to upgrade to do so. I really like that idea, also upgrading your retinas to see more of the city sounds nice.

No piloting of flying cars they say. I personally feel flight in most games is painfully similar to water levels in games, except more well thought of. I’d be fine without flying cars being flown.

1 Like

CD Projekt Red got in trouble if you guys haven’t seen about making a assumed gender joke.

They then apologized for hurting anyone.

I’m not sure wtf is going on anymore.

From the no black people in The Witcher 3 to the no option to select pronouns in Cyberpunk it really seems like there’s some bizarre group of people who desperately want CDPR to be more progressive despite CDPR not have any hurtful or malice intentions behind their game design or story . :man_shrugging:t5::man_shrugging:t5::man_shrugging:t5:

Unfortunately most high fantasy works don’t have people of color in them. If your story is even remotely set in a European like world it’s like black people don’t exist and the ones that do are either blacksmiths, warriors on a battlefield or some sort of head servant to a princess or queen.

And if you’re Asian you’re either a demon, wizard or fighter.

It’s annoying and sad but welcome to Tolkien Archetypes 101.