Cinemassacre Discussion Thread

This is actually now the all-inclusive Cinemassacre discussion thread. Angry Video Game Nerd, Board James, TMNT crap, etc. :slight_smile:

This is now the official thread for discussing new (and old) AVGN episodes. For those not in the know:

Basically it’s about a guy who plays old, bad games and swears about it. Pretty much it.

Site: cinemassacre.com
YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/JamesNintendoNerd
GameTrailers: www.gametrailers.com/screwattack

Original post, titled “Console Wars,” follows below. It’s not an official nerd “review,” more like a spinoff video.

It’s time for a history lesson, you scrubs.

Scrubs? Is TLC what is in again?

[YOUTUBE]G74oqhpChv0[/YOUTUBE]

Haven’t seen that one in a long time.

Yeah it’s an oldie but a goodie.

I remember going through all of the AVGN videos in late 2010…they were all a great watch and I wish I could erase my memory and watch all of the videos over again.

This one has always been one of my favorites because he really hits it spot on.

Nintendoes what Segan’t… nvm.

You know, while the name “Blast Processing” was made up, it still didn’t beat the fact that the Genesis had much more speed than the Super NES. Then again, the SNES was much more powerful than the Genesis, so it was pretty much based on your preferences.

Oh, by the way…

[youtube]3aq_dOLFmxA[/youtube]

The one difference in this one is that they actually show who is the most superior in terms of strength/weakness, and not just have a choose-your-own-ending deal like all of those Flashes back in the day.

Wait, what?

[quote=“sixsicksixes”]You know, while the name “Blast Processing” was made up, it still didn’t beat the fact that the Genesis had much more speed than the Super NES. Then again, the SNES was much more powerful than the Genesis, so it was pretty much based on your preferences.

Oh, by the way…

[youtube]3aq_dOLFmxA[/youtube]

The one difference in this one is that they actually show who is the most superior in terms of strength/weakness, and not just have a choose-your-own-ending deal like all of those Flashes back in the day.[/quote]

I haven’t seen that Death Battle yet. The broken Headphone Jack is still broke.

Who cares Sega sucks at making games.

Mostly true.

House of the Dead is pretty awesome though. But I suppose the best game in that series wasn’t even internally-developed…

Sega had great games back in the day, but that all started to change when they began relying on churning out crappy Sonic 3D games and flooding the series with 18 billion different characters.

While Genesis had “blast processing,” but the only games that really showcased it was Sonic. Nintendo eventually released their own answer to Sega with Uniracers, which actually took a jab at Sega by having “Hedgehog Mode” in the game, which was the slowest mode you could play.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I prefer Mode 7, however. Without it, we’d never have the Mario Kart franchise, or the F-Zero franchise, and great games like Contra 3 or Super Castlevania wouldn’t exist without it.

No, I’d say before that. I don’t see the Genesis as having nearly a strong line up as games as the Super Nintendo.

Know of the angry video game nerd but had never seen this video. Pretty funny. lol

This is now the official AVGN thread. He just posted this 35 minute video detailing the work that goes into making an episode, followed by a mini-review of Barbie NES. Quite fascinating, and it does seem like a metric ton of work. Sort of reminds me of what I do when putting the Gcast together, but 100x more involved.

I’ve always enjoyed AVGN, but his original horror movies are really good too. James is actually very talented.

His Mr. Bucket video was actually a little kinda scary in some parts. He’s obviously a good director. Can’t wait for the AVGN movie.

[youtube]k_I06GYLKcM[/youtube]

I like this video because of how much fun they’re having making fun of the menu.

I need to watch the Bugs Bunny reviews again. Those were frickin’ hilarious.

Not an AVGN video at all, but an ode to how good he is as a movie maker, and an insight into how it all began.
[YOUTUBE]4Kc3JqVIIJA[/YOUTUBE]