Call of Duty: Modern Warfare will hit the Wii.

According to a Kotaku report, publisher Activision will announce, at some point today, that Infinity Ward’s other (and older) modern-day shooter is coming the waggle-tastic platform. It will ship the same day as Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 for the big boy consoles (November 10th) and is being handled by Treyarch, developer of several Call of Duty Wii titles.

http://www.destructoid.com/rumortoid-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-coming-to-the-wii-142855.phtml

And HD consoles lose another exclusive. Good luck with this Treyarch. Cant Wait NOT to buy this game.

Weird. I may try it out, just to see what its like… but the fact that its by Treyarch is already a bad sign. :confused:

Don’t do it. I guess people on the Wii really wanted the game and now they are going to have it.

Considering the title and how third party developers don’t get Wii right I really don’t care for it epsecially since its multiplat. Either way if they don’t have something for the Wii Version then it just ends up being the gimped version.

It could be cool if they’ve got some really nice motion controls or at least Motion plus done well. Developers need to understand you can’t just port titles to Wii and expect Wii owners to care.

[quote=“barcster_2003”]Considering the title and how third party developers don’t get Wii right I really don’t care for it epsecially since its multiplat. Either way if they don’t have something for the Wii Version then it just ends up being the gimped version.

It could be cool if they’ve got some really nice motion controls or at least Motion plus done well. Developers need to understand you can’t just port titles to Wii and expect Wii owners to care.[/quote]

But it teh COD4

Why do I care? There’s much more interesting titles on Wii anyways than a port of a game. If I would get multiplats I’d get them on Xbox 360 unless there’s some really cool thing on the other platform pursuading me. Another thing is I generally think Multiplats are poor quality especially on Wii some companies shouldn’t even bother and really shouldn’t after the game released on the other consoles quite a while ago.

Here’s some things companies need to understand

1. If you make a Wii title and before its out you announce its likely there will be Xbox 360 or PS3 sequels or you just straight out say it you’ve just killed interest in your game from people wanting to buy it on Wii.

2. If you make a game thats been on other platforms your Wii game better have something that differentiates it from the others since Wii is going to take a hit in graphics. Also make sure it has at the very least most if not all the same features at the game does on other consoles this really kills you Wii game because nobody cares for half ass ports.

3. Make proper use of motion controls probably the biggest downfalls of third parties is that they really don’t know how to use them they are in that old mode of thinking.

4. When you make a game like Soul Calibur Legends its an experiment and shouldn’t be used to gauge the Wii market. Sorry Namco-Bandai did you really expect people to buy a fighter turned adventure game and just the opposite for Konami whats with Castlevania Judgement? Changing a game out of its genre will break it thats not a Wii specific thing try making the Next Gears an on rails shooter lets see how that works we know It would tank since thats not what Gears of War is about.

5. Quit porting titles alot of companies are really missing the boat on the motion controls really you have to build a game around it for you game to be really good otherwise your just replacing button commands for Wiimote movements.

6. Quit thinking everyone wants sports, Fitness games and pet simulators just because Nintendo did well with them.

These are defintly things thats will get your Wii game to get overlooked why should I care about crappy ports and such when games like Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid the other M and Zelda which are just about guaranteed to be good are coming out? Again why would I buy Modern Warefare or Deadspace for Wii whats the motivation for the Wii owners?

Will it run at 300P???

A game sells well on the wii, regardless of weather its good or bad. Its all about the name.

CoD will sell most likely, cause it has “COD” in the name, while a game like Mad World, which is a great game, will sell like shit. This is one of the major problems, I believe, that hinder sells for the system.

At least it’ll be better than Dead Space Extraction.

Probably.

[quote=“Andrex”]At least it’ll be better than Dead Space Extraction.

Probably.[/quote]

I’m fairly certain eating feces would be better than Dead Space Extraction.

[quote=“JPjuice23”]A game sells well on the wii, regardless of weather its good or bad. Its all about the name.

CoD will sell most likely, cause it has “COD” in the name, while a game like Mad World, which is a great game, will sell like shit. This is one of the major problems, I believe, that hinder sells for the system.[/quote]

Well it kind of has to do with brand recognition but there were problems with MadWorld namely being short and in Black and White which people bitch about.

That’s because it’s unnessecary to make a game black and white. It’s not ARTISTIC. It’s not ORIGINAL. It’s stupid.

I wonder how this will do online wise.

They were going for artistic looks like it didn’t work out. Its also probably to hide the graphics for people who like to complain about it alot.