Bioware just annoucned that Mass Effect 2 will have...

2 disks. 3 if you buy the Collector’s Edition

http://kotaku.com/5418534/mass-effect-2-expands-to-2-discs-sometimes-3

This makes me happy. Not because of the switching of the disk but because how big the game is. I’m assuming that it will be about twice as long as the first Mass Effect.

But but but BUT

COMPRESSION!!!

Use it Bioware. Fucking lazy developers

Canceling my pre-order and no longer buying a 360.

:neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face: :neutral_face:

[SPOILER] Just kidding! I love Dr. Ray and Greg <3[/SPOILER]

Kudos to Bioware, more gameplay = more happiness. Only lazy schmucks have problems with switching discs.

[quote=“StealthMaster86”]2 disks. 3 if you buy the Collector’s Edition

http://kotaku.com/5418534/mass-effect-2-expands-to-2-discs-sometimes-3

This makes me happy. Not because of the switching of the disk but because how big the game is. I’m assuming that it will be about twice as long as the first Mass Effect.[/quote]

Cool because I just ordered Mass Effect. Although using 2 discs doesn’t exactly mean it’s way longer. Also whats on the Collector’s Edition 3rd disc?

Or… people who believe in convenience.

What? :lol

He means Blu-ray although I’ve honestly not seen it used for anything that amazing. I have no problem using multiple discs if that’s what it takes and a company shouldn’t compromise their vision just because they need more than one DVD they should just provide as many as it takes.

I bought Tekken 6 for $40 from gamestop factory sealed recently and that tells me that it shouldn’t be a problem to include more DVD discs. So from a space on disc standpoint it shouldn’t matter that 360 isn’t using blu-rays.

I’ll bring it up again people apparently had no problem playing FF VII with multiple discs. I don’t see why its so taboo now.

I don’t see how Blu-ray is innovative, if anything it’s the product of extreme iteration and safe-bets…

[quote=“barcster_2003”]He means Blu-ray although I’ve honestly not seen it used for anything that amazing. I have no problem using multiple discs if that’s what it takes and a company shouldn’t compromise their vision just because they need more than one DVD they should just provide as many as it takes.

I bought Tekken 6 for $40 from gamestop factory sealed recently and that tells me that it shouldn’t be a problem to include more DVD discs. So from a space on disc standpoint it shouldn’t matter that 360 isn’t using blu-rays.

I’ll bring it up again people apparently had no problem playing FF VII with multiple discs. I don’t see why its so taboo now.[/quote]

Maybe because it’s happing less and less. Honestly I don’t care how many disk it’s in as long as the game is good or in Mass Effect 2 case great.

Wait… what? :confused;

It’s cuz it’s the next generation, gyaddammit! Games with multiple discs is BLEASPHEMY!!! :lol

Actually I believe Carmack said Microsoft was afraid that users will think its lower quality and complain. I also agree as long as its reasonable amount (4 or less) I don’t have problems.

Yes I bought the game $40 new. It shows me that they can afford to place more DVD’s in the case to create what they intended.

So we should shun good solutions to problems because its not “Next Gen” enough? Honestly I’d rather developers make a 4 disc game than make a game 4 times shorter. I know you are kidding but sometimes I think Sony wants consumers to think this. lets face it if its not improving games its just an HD movie player. They really wanted them to think this when the PS3 was priced $200 above the 360. The idea was you were getting a good movie player and it increased the graphics or something it never was quite clear. When you realize it doesn’t really change games it made PS3 look like a bad deal being more expensive than the 360 which also plays movies just not in HD. Until recently PS3’s price had been killing it. Now you can argue its the same as a 360 and has Blu-ray for the same price, which is why its doing better in the market.

Now that my wall of text on the multiple discs thing is done I’ll get back on topic. I’m interested in getting Mass Effect 2. I will be playing the 1st game soon so long as the 360 I try to buy doesn’t RROD on me. Apparently trying to get a refurbished one was a bad idea. I’m going to go with an elite and hopefully that won’t RROD.

I put the word innovation down when I meant convenience…

:confused;

Let’s just hope EA puts them in a dual DVD case…

And not be so fucking lazy and stack the discs on top of each other and stick another one in a paper sleeve >_>

[quote=“sbf717”]Let’s just hope EA puts them in a dual DVD case…

And not be so fucking lazy and stack the discs on top of each other and stick another one in a paper sleeve >_>[/quote]

They should put it in an appropriate case really doesn’t make sense why a dev would put it in such a cheap case you might as well buy it used.

Multi disc games aren’t new developers should know how to package it or at least make it make sense. Honestly that paper sleee stuff is really annoying I don’t expect that sort of thing except for the cheapest of games. Gamestop supposedly gives you the case and instruction manual if you get a used one online.

[quote=“nothere413”]I put the word innovation down when I meant convenience…

:confused;[/quote]
:boggle;

Jesus.

Well, I may be a savior, but I wouldn’t go that far.

:stuck_out_tongue:

Doesn’t matter if it’s on ten discs, I’ll buy it.

…ten discs…I think I just wet myself at that idea.

Meh, as long as the game’s good I don’t really care.