Anyone know...

Anyone know where I could find a decent MP3 to MIDI converter?

You see, I have a program that allows me to upload MIDI files onto it and it produces music scores. I have a couple of songs with a cello in them that I’d like to be able to learn to play. However… I need to turn them from MP3 to MIDI files.

I need a program that is fairly simple to use since I don’t want to waste a shit ton of time converting. And it also needs to allow me to upload more than just a few seconds of audio. I need to convert the whole song.

Any help?

Holy crap, did you post this on /mu/ earlier? If so, I saw it.

Anyhow, I don’t think you can convert from mp3 to midi at all.

It would be like putting high quality audio onto an 8-track tape.

And midi is just a series of bleeps and bloops, for the most part. I can’t quite see how that would work.

Yes, I did. :stuck_out_tongue:

And yeah, you can actually. I had a trial for a program that did it but I don’t feel like paying $35 for it. I was hoping someone could help me find something similar to it but without that big of a price tag.

IntelliScore Polyphonic

IntelliScore can convert MP3, WAV, and WMA files to MIDI. It grabs music from a CD and converts it to a MID file. The application MIDI-enable any musical instrument, even your voice. It can remove vocals for karaoke singing. With additional software you can print sheet music from your favorite music, record MIDI directly into your sequencer software using your voice or any acoustic instrument, generate cell phone ring tones from your favorite music.

Download hurr.

And here I was thinking I knew something about audio.

Well then…

Durp.