ANNND Dark Void is now delayed.

http://www.shacknews.com/onearticle.x/59770

Jet pack-tastic action game Dark Void has been delayed into 2010 “to avoid competition with releases of major titles of other companies,” publisher Capcom announced today.

The Airtight-developed PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 game was previously expected to hit North American and Europe by the end of September 2009, with the title now due between January 1 and March 31, 2010.

Jesus Christ ODST and MW2 are fucking scaring the shit out of people. I was looking forward to this game too. FUCK.:down;

What the FUCK?! To AVOID competition?! There’s like nothing good out for this Fall since everybody keeps delaying all the interesting games to next year. Now Copcom delaying it is just going to make competition way harder for them.

Fucking stupid! Where’s the facepalm emoticion when I need it? :neutral_face:

Why have I not heard about this game until just now?

I dunno I have been looking forward to this game for awhile now it looks so fucking awesome.

I would LOL if Halo 3 ODST or Call of Duty MW2 got pushed back to the exact date of Dark Void.

Lol they hunt the competition.

Well I remember there being somewhat of a gap durring Wii at some point and nobody released games then so it makes little sense to me. Either way if your game is good it will generally get attention also big titles are generally around all the time if you don’t go against Halo ODST and MW2 your just changing what you go against which I think is worse Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid the other M, And Zelda to name some not to mention Halo Reach, Alan Wake, Grand Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII and God of War III seriously I think you’d be better off going against two titles instead of the wave in 2010.

I still don’t understand this mentality from developers that somehow delaying a game to avoid better titles is somehow productive or better for them it just means competition is fiercer and makes your product look even worse the graphics are arguably older the game mechanics are older, ect.

[quote=“barcster_2003”]Well I remember there being somewhat of a gap durring Wii at some point and nobody released games then so it makes little sense to me. Either way if your game is good it will generally get attention also big titles are generally around all the time if you don’t go against Halo ODST and MW2 your just changing what you go against which I think is worse Mario Galaxy 2, Metroid the other M, And Zelda to name some not to mention Halo Reach, Alan Wake, Grand Turismo 5, Final Fantasy XIII and God of War III seriously I think you’d be better off going against two titles instead of the wave in 2010.

I still don’t understand this mentality from developers that somehow delaying a game to avoid better titles is somehow productive or better for them it just means competition is fiercer and makes your product look even worse the graphics are arguably older the game mechanics are older, ect.[/quote]

All true. Better off just releasing it now.

I guess they are hella scared of Halo 3 ODST. Would have figured some of the bigger titles in 2010 in Particular Final Fantasy XIII if its out by then.

Acutally after reading that they just jam packed 3 of their games for 2010 Q1 among the other stuff LOLZ if they wait till later all that means is they’ll have to compete with different stuff again. Really Halo is a big franchise but I’d honestly think some of the companies would be way more weary of some other looming games like Metroid other M, Mario, Zelda, ECT I don’t know maybe companies are afraid of Wii Sports resort.

2010 is going to be fucked up now. So many games. in Q1

Weird. But I’m pretty sure Halo ODST and COD4mw2 is bigger than Final Fantasy 13 and Mario Galaxy 2…

Also, FF13 and MG2 is a different genre, so maybe that will work out for them.

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Weird. But I’m pretty sure Halo ODST and COD4mw2 is bigger than Final Fantasy 13 and Mario Galaxy 2…

Also, FF13 and MG2 is a different genre, so maybe that will work out for them.[/quote]

This is true.

[quote=“JPjuice23”]Weird. But I’m pretty sure Halo ODST and COD4mw2 is bigger than Final Fantasy 13 and Mario Galaxy 2…

Also, FF13 and MG2 is a different genre, so maybe that will work out for them.[/quote]

FF13, MG 2 and others I believe are a heck of alot more scary than Halo OSDT and COD4MW2.

You may have a point about being different genres however I guess thats the logic.

I can see Final Fantasy XIII being the game you DON’T want to release near. I still think it’ll suck, though.

I wonder how much damage this game will do sales age wise.

It’s a Squeenix game. It’ll sell better than condoms at the Junior Prom.

Say wut.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/35294/Fewer-games-higher-prices-this-Q4

Well looks like they are hoping that by releasing later they can keep buyers at a higher price. Still don’t understand the concept since most of them are going to have to smash it all into February or March either that or go till Summer and if they wait then it will be holiday again and this cycle will start all over again. Also the looming titles and E3 that if they wait till past March they are going to have to contend with.