And so it begins... noVember 3rd...

The Remake of the awesome 80s-miniseries “V”, pretty decent follow-up mini-series “V: The Return,” and often considered lame “V: The Series.”

[youtube][/youtube]

The original series’ iconic image of a giant circular space ship hovering above the city was not only ripped off by Independence Day… but inspired the intro to Contra 3: The Alien Wars… which, come to think of it, was also ripped off by Independence Day.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

Sweet crap… even the Red Falcon alien demon head thing looks like a “V”. :Q

I saw the first 9 mintues of it in Hulu and it looks very promsing.

My mother has all of the original V episodes on VHS. Maybe I’ll watch them.

I’ve only seen a few episodes of the show here and there. Honestly, the second mini-series wrapped up the storyline pretty good. There really wasn’t a reason for the TV series over than the miniseries rated so well.

BTW… the creator of V left mid-way into developing the second miniseries when NBC and he disagreed on the direction it would take. A few years back, he intended to make a new V miniseries that took place 25 years after the original mini-series with the remaining actors from the original series, to show how things developed over time and how the world had changed, and was shopping it around to networks. ABC showed interest, but decided to take it in a new direction and start from scratch… so the creator released a novel he adapted from his treatment for the follow-up. The only thing is, it takes place after the first miniseries with the intention that everything after that never happened.

Anyhoo… check out the original Miniseries, at least.

When I heard about November and saw the red “V”, I thought it was about V for Vendetta at first. :stuck_out_tongue:

And what does “V” actually stand for? :smiley:

It’s supposed to be the fifth of November. Don’t they remember?

Apparantly not.

Maybe they forgot.

:stuck_out_tongue:

I liked the original, the sequel mini series, the tv movie, so I’ll prolly check this out too.

[quote=“nothere413”]Maybe they forgot.

:stuck_out_tongue:[/quote]
The Gunpowder Treason and Plot, I know of no reason why the Gunpowder Treason should ever be forgot.

23 minutes and counting down…

I’m going watch it for sure.

I just noticed Inara from Firefly is going to be in it so I guess I’ll check it out.

I dunno. I guess it was alright. Seems like it was more a style than substance over the original miniseries. But, we’ll see where it goes next week. Weird that they went all “They Live” at the end though.

The only thing I did not like was that the events was jumped 2 weeks later.

Was it 2 weeks or 3 weeks?

They really didn’t cover the whole “shock and awe” of the humans, or the global impact of the events at all. It was like “they’re here and we’re friends… yay!” without much attention to detail. Kind of a cop-out.

[quote=“spooie”]Was it 2 weeks or 3 weeks?

They really didn’t cover the whole “shock and awe” of the humans, or the global impact of the events at all. It was like “they’re here and we’re friends… yay!” without much attention to detail. Kind of a cop-out.[/quote]

It was 3 weeks. I would have liked to see what the global leaders did when they arrive and some of the meetings that was taken place. I understand that they want to move the story a little faster but I felt there are much that remains to be seen that we missed. And it would have been a bigger blow to the viewers when we found out that Erica’s partner was a visitor as well as Ryan. This show so far looks very promising but I just hope that the time jump is just this one time only.

Maybe they can go back later one and explain what happened in between.

In the original series, they started to “convert” the leaders of the world by bringing them up to the ship after their initial arrival, which would have been nice. The whole explanation of why their voices sounded weird, how they learned english and whatnot. I also missed the symbolism of the original miniseries, with the red uniforms and the swastika-like visitor insignia.

But what actually annoyed me was the use of the “V.” In the original series, the “V” was a symbol of victory in the rebelling against the Visitors, with the old jewish man stopping the kids and showing them to make the spray paint symbols, explaining what it meant during World War 2 and to use it against the visitors. In this one, it’s just the mother’s kid “tagging” some wall because he thinks the visitors are “Way cool dudes.”

Complete throwaway.