A RANT!

Okay. We all know there was an entire shit storm over the Final Fantasy XIII announcement. Yes, it was coming to Xbox 360. Fanboys suddenly grabbed their chests and screamed that it was the end of the world.

Ever since then they’ve been going insane. There’s an entire legion of hater cultists on YouTube. A bunch of wiggers and idiots and juggalos are talking about how the game had to be “dumbed down for the Xbox 360”, which is unmitigated nonsense. So first of all, the amount of traditional JRPGs on Xbox 360 greatly eclipses those on the Playstation 3, even when accounting for the year head start. RPGs are simply experiencing evolution just as they always have.

Unlike the fanboys, some of us have actually done the research and actually tracked the development of both versions of the game. Square-Enix didn’t even begin development on the Xbox 360 version of the game until the Playstation 3 version was complete. This was a 5 year project, afterall.

They ran into no technical difficulties because the games were not developed simultaneously. The only thing that is different about the Xbox 360 version of the game is that it will be on probably 3 discs, and the CG will be compressed. However, you won’t know it because it won’t be by very much.

Conspiracy theorists have been claiming that Final Fantasy is being dumbed down in terms of gameplay because Square-Enix wants to appeal to a worldwide audience. This is clearly nonsense because we are as “hardcore” (for lack of a better term) as anyone. That there aren’t towns or merchants in the game has nothing to do with the target audience.

It has to do with Square-Enix changing Final Fantasy just as Final Fantasy has changed since it was on the NES. And then to have Sony fanboys whine and bitch about the notion that it’s a Playstation franchise. Bullshit. They seem to not remember anything before 1995, because once upon a time Final Fantasy was identified with Nintendo. And we all know what happened with that. The battle system has changed, yes. But if anything Final Fantasy XIII has made things more challenging because in Final Fantasy XII, you focus on gambits and ultimately it plays itself. It’s by no means tactically difficult. Whereas Final Fantasy XIII is a bit more hands on and involved. This was stated by Gamespot a long time ago.

They have yet to bring up one good reason why Final Fantasy XIII, a game NONE of them have even played, is somehow dumbed down because of the Xbox 360. They’ve ignored Kitase, Tsuchida, Nomura and Toriyama, and they’ve decided to just fabricate a bunch of conspiracy theories.

Of course this is status quo. However, this psychology of viciously slandering everyone involved, and then defecating on anyone who tries to inject some sort of coherent reasoning, is just nonsense. Unmitigated dumbasshattery that really gives the community a bad reputation.

In short, I’ve yet to see a claim that can be backed up by evidence. And people saying that the game has no large areas because the Xbox 360 isn’t powerful enough clearly haven’t seen this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lphvuX65jD8

I could go on and on…and on, but the proof is in the pudding, and the fanboys know that we know that they know that we know that THEY KNOW that in point of fact there has not been a great disparity between Xbox 360 and Playstation 3. That’s because it’s a wash.

So a big FUCK YOU to all the console fanboys and PC fanboys and juggalos.

Do the world a favor and go pull your lip over your head and swallow.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZJva0qn6ws

Man, I should get back to gaming news.

American politics do nothing but make me pull out my hair and yell at the sky, and I want out.

U mad???

I think XIII and Versus XIII both look like Squeenix cashing in on past successes, though.

Alot of companies are doing it. Relying on franchises means more than ever now. With Xbox 360/PS3 you’ve got expensive costs and with Wii developers say their amazing games don’t sell (I’d disagree with their quality assessment very few titles are getting it right and partially so).

But to get rid of bias, we’d have to destroy the universe. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, I’m talking about XIII trying to be like VII and X and Versus trying to be like Kingdom Hearts.

Only the opening level what else in the game is like 7?

Lightning is Cloud, Snow is Barrett, Vanille is Aeris.

The setting looks alot like VII. It also seems to draw alot from X, artistically. Not to mention the story in XIII looks fucktarded. Is “The select few people chosen by the crystals to bring down the government” the best that they can come up with after over 25 years?

And the Eidolon summoning really reminds me of VIII’s Guardian Force system.

The whole game just looks like one big sloppy orgy of Final Fantasies.

And then Versus XIII is essentially Kingdom Hearts minus Disney plus a more adult story and a gay little emo protagonist.

[SPOILER]Oh wait, Kingdom Hearts already had a gay little emo protagonist…[/SPOILER]

Alot Companies still do this its to get you to remember the good game and think positively about the new game because its like the old one.

Square-Enix has said that Lightning is indeed intended to be like Cloud. But it was also said that to them the only strong parallel is the fact that they both had military backgrounds. That’s all I know, because I really have no knowledge of Cloud. The only FF I’ve ever played was XII.

It’s different in that it’s more of an emulation of past games rather than building on it, as far as I can see.

And as for Cloud and Lightning; their character designs are very similar, they both worked for the military serving the bad guys, and they’re both trying to bring the government that they once worked for down.

[quote=“nothere413”]It’s different in that it’s more of an emulation of past games rather than building on it, as far as I can see.

And as for Cloud and Lightning; their character designs are very similar, they both worked for the military serving the bad guys, and they’re both trying to bring the government that they once worked for down.[/quote]

I meant exactly what you said New Super Mario Bros is evoking Mario Bros 3. I’m sure NBA Jam when that comes out is going to try and be like the old NBA Jam. Mass Effect is like Kotor and that’s not the same series even its pretty much similar in quite a few ways though.

Story-wise, is Mass Effect blatantly taking the same premise as KOTOR?

Also, after reading This Article Not Safe For Work my expectations went way down.

[quote=“nothere413”]Story-wise, is Mass Effect blatantly taking the same premise as KOTOR?

Also, after reading This Article Not Safe For Work my expectations went way down.[/quote]

Story-wise not exactly but just about everything else is although I don’t really have problems with it Kotor is pretty awesome. As for XIII it has problems but I doubt people are really going to change their minds.

[quote=“nothere413”]

[SPOILER]Oh wait, Kingdom Hearts already had a gay little emo protagonist…[/SPOILER][/quote]

Drawing from shit doesn’t mean it’s trying to be just like it and I honestly don’t see why you keep going on about the game you don’t seem to like it so why bother?

I don’t think any of these are good reasons to dislike the game. Most games follow an unoriginal set of archetypes. Who cares? Especially when it’s in the same franchise.

I expect that this game will meet a lot of opposition even beyond the current cult of haters on YouTube. Anything that could be great is guaranteed to have detractors because people need to go against the mainstream, they need to feel “cool”. And others have legit complaints, or complaints that are a big deal to them, and that’s cool. But nevertheless I do expect a great uprising to come forth and attempt to discredit the game. But of course it will be drowned out by critical praise and fanfare.

[quote=“Shillelagh McFlaherty”]I don’t think any of these are good reasons to dislike the game. Most games follow an unoriginal set of archetypes. Who cares? Especially when it’s in the same franchise.

I expect that this game will meet a lot of opposition even beyond the current cult of haters on YouTube. Anything that could be great is guaranteed to have detractors because people need to go against the mainstream, they need to feel “cool”. And others have legit complaints, or complaints that are a big deal to them, and that’s cool. But nevertheless I do expect a great uprising to come forth and attempt to discredit the game. But of course it will be drowned out by critical praise and fanfare.[/quote]

Says the guy who hasn’t even played the best 3 Final Fantasies…

Whatever those happen to be.

Also, I just realized that the Japanese theme song is pretty much a decroded piece of crap. How disappointing. Leona Lewis wins this one hands down.

[quote=“Shillelagh McFlaherty”]Whatever those happen to be.

Also, I just realized that the Japanese theme song is pretty much a decroded piece of crap. How disappointing. Leona Lewis wins this one hands down.[/quote]

Leona Lewis… wins something? :boggle;

The Japanese song must be REALLY shitty, then.

And as for the best three Final Fantasies, they’re VII, IV, and II.