8-Bit Games that should be remade today...

I would love to see this game remade today as a downloadable title on Xbox Live or PSN or something.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

One of the best NES titles ever. It spawned some sequels on Genesis, Gameboy and Playstation, as well as an “enhanced” port on the Gameboy Color. But after SunSoft went under during, oddly enough, Blaster Master: Blasting Again, on the Playstation… I pretty much assumed that was the end of the Blaster Master era.

Who else remembers this awesome game?

ET: The Extra-Terrestrial.

Nah, but seriously… Dragon Buster.

I read that book in whatever series it was. I remember it not being terrible, but I was young and foolish at the time, so who knows?

I think I might have owned the book, but I dunno whatever happened to it… or the Ninja Gaiden or MegaMan 2 ones I had.

Oddly enough, the book, which was non-canon, ended up becoming part of the official game canon when aspects were taken from it and constructed into Blaster Master: Blasting Again.

… hmm…

… I don’t know. I really hate “Remakes”

Maybe a revival is fine, like a new game in the series.

I’d like a Metal Storm 2. Or Megaman 10.

But I’m playing 8bit games like there new too me, so I don’t feel a revival is necessary.

I do wonder why we never got another Metal Storm game. I know the original was produced in low quantities, but, to me anyway, it was much sought after.

Some insane stuff going on here. The guy’s reaction screams are priceless…

[youtube][/youtube]

BOOYEAH.

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177203

Who?

I would not call it a good game but it pops in my head every once in a while. The last time it popped in my head was 20 minutes ago while playing Mass Effect.

I can think of a few classic games that I would like to see a revival of the series. Kid Icarus, Chrono Trigger, Blaster Master, Duck Hunt, Megaman (this one is touchy Id like to see it done right), there is more but i can’t think of them right now. I think on the top of all this Id like to see companies try and make new IP’s that capture the excitement of these classic games.

Never played Re-Loaded, but did try the original Loaded game. Though I know it certainly wasn’t an 8-Bit game. Heard the original was a much better game, too. You play it?

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3177847

YAY WOW & YAY