3 Million Wii's and 10 Million DS's for December

Wow. Also 4 million for Mario Bros is also impressive.

http://technology.canoe.ca/2010/01/05/12352021-reuters.html

Holy fucking shit 4 million? Yeah I don’t think Reggie will be eating his words at all.

Mario must just be a great Christmas gift. It was for me, playing Christmas morning with family for the first time.

was one of the 4 million

Oh yeah?! Well uhhhhh… nintendo is for faggots!:disgust;

Fuck. That. Shit. :frown;

Apparently all you have to do to lead the console war is play on the ignorance of millions of middle-aged house wives, children, and generally people who are ignorant to decent software, and don’t know filler from legitimately good games.

Oh well.

[quote=“AoR Final”]Fuck. That. Shit. :frown;

Apparently all you have to do to lead the console war is play on the ignorance of millions of middle-aged house wives, children, and generally people who are ignorant to decent software, and don’t know filler from legitimately good games.

Oh well.[/quote]

Well said brother what good games does the wii have anyway? Mario haha that shits for babies its just all waggle waggle the wii is only good for using as a dildo.:cool;

Oh well.[/quote]

That’s the fault of third parties they need to step it up because they are just missing an opportunity. Doesn’t help that most of them didn’t even consider Wii could be popular. Third parties dug their own graves when they said Wii is bad for third parties they created their self fulfilling prophecy by these “test” games like Dead Space Extaction. Third parties would be better off if they quit with these damn tests and treated the Wii as the lead console it is. Again not to say its wrong but why isn’t something like a Final Fantasy Main series on Wii? Nope instead we get Crystal Bearers a spinoff you are treating Wii owners like second class console owners so they treat the third parties the same way as second rate developers because they are giving second rate games. I don’t know how many times Wii owners asked for a Resident Evil 4 style Resident Evil from Capcom instead Capcom thinks rail shooters are amazing people didn’t buy Umbrella Chronicles as a rail shooter they bought it as a hint to Capcom they wanted Resident Evil Wii the actual one they should have gotten.

Collectively third parties created the situation on Wii themselves by not properly supporting it so the userbase has no confidence in them.

http://kotaku.com/5440909/capcoms-france-boss-the-future-is-on-ps3-and-360

Capcom didn’t get it. They clearly didn’t understand that Wii owners don’t give a shit for a Resident Evil rail shooter. Yeah Resident Evil 4 did well why not create a game like that?

Having a Wii game in your sig is almost too much of a tip off. Almost. I think AoR might still fall for it. =P

Clearly Nintendo has done nothing for the gaming industry at all, and gaming would be so much better if they were never involved in the first place.

Apparently all you have to do to lead the [BLANK] war is play on the ignorance of millions of middle-aged house wives, children, and generally people who are ignorant to [BLANK], and don’t know filler from legitimately good [BLANK].

Oh well.[/quote]

Insert anything in the blanks and you have a plan to win any war :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways hopefully Nintendo will use all their newfound cash to invest in the support and nurturing of 3rd party develope… :lol :lol :lol I can’t even type that with a str8 face :lol

[quote=“sbf717”]Insert anything in the blanks and you have a plan to win any war :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways hopefully Nintendo will use all their newfound cash to invest in the support and nurturing of 3rd party develope… :lol :lol :lol I can’t even type that with a str8 face :lol[/quote]

Third parties can’t understand that games like Dead Space Extraction aren’t going to fly? Developers need to refocus their efforts correctly rather than just say Wii doesn’t have the right user. I’ll agree the Wii isn’t a place for Rail Shooter spinoffs. I wouldn’t think they’d be welcomed on 360 and PS3 either.

[quote=“sbf717”]Insert anything in the blanks and you have a plan to win any war :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways hopefully Nintendo will use all their newfound cash to invest in the support and nurturing of 3rd party develope… :lol :lol :lol I can’t even type that with a str8 face :lol[/quote]
Well they are publishing MH3.

…in Europe…

[quote=“Andrex”]Well they are publishing MH3.

…in Europe…[/quote]

After the poor performance of RE DC in Europe I’m sure they had to do something to please Capcom.

_>

[quote=“sbf717”]After the poor performance of RE DC in Europe I’m sure they had to do something to please Capcom.

_>[/quote]

Its a rail shooter I could have told you it would fail. They should make a Resident Evil 4 style Resident Evil like fans have been asking for since Resident Evil 4 was put on Wii. Monster Hunter 3 is a serious entry in the Monster Hunter Universe it makes way more sense to promote it.

I wish third parties would take a serious look at what they are putting out though.

10 things they could look at.

1. Treat the Wii as the lead console it is not as if its in last.
  2. Promote your game with actual advertising.
  3. Niche games with odd themes aren’t going to sell anywhere.
  4. Don’t genre change your series and create spin offs.
  5. Keep it exclusive.
  6. Realize that if your going multiplatform the Wii version won’t sell as well because the other consoles will have better graphics, ect.
  7. Add more content.
  8. Don’t think production vales can wow Wii owners.
  9. Its not all about the controller.
  10. Stop with the Rail Shooters.

To Wii users Darkside chronicles failed on 1, 2, 4, 7, 8, 9 & 10. 7/10 reasons for your game to do horribly on Wii mean your game is going to do horribly. Two of them have to do with being exclusive so that was the one thing Capcom got really right with the game honestly its not really a Niche game but the rail shooter genre is niche so that probably makes it 8/10. Again the only way to make worse wii sales would be putting it on 360/PS3. Dead Space Extraction falls into the same genre. This is based on user perception I know someone said Resident Evil used to be a rail shooter but when you see Resident Evil 4, 5 that’s what you think Resident Evil is.

[quote=“sbf717”]After the poor performance of RE DC in Europe I’m sure they had to do something to please Capcom.

_>[/quote]
This was before that I believe. Plus Iwata said they were committed to pushing DQ in the west.

Exactly.:up;:cool;